Cereal slice recipe
Looking for a simple snack for you or your family that’s also a great recipe for fussy eaters?
Leading Australian dietitian Kate Di Prima shares one of her recipes with us. She’s regarded as an expert in treating children who are fussy and picky eaters and has authored and co-authored several cookbooks including More Peas Please: Solutions for Feeding Fussy Eaters and Kids Meals the whole family will love.
- 1 cup dried fruit
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup dates (or try a mixture of dried fruit)
- 1 cup cornflakes (you can use any cereal in your cupboard)
- 125 g almonds
- 125 g butter or margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Add all ingredients together, mixing well.
- Line a 25 cm shallow pan with baking paper. Press mixture flat in the pan
- Bake at 170°C for 15 -20 minutes until golden.
For more nutrition tips listen to the Growing Happy Little Veggie-mites! podcast with Kate Di Prima here, or find us on your favourite podcast platforms.