We are seeking a highly experienced nutritionist to join our new Social Impact Team as Nutritionist and Community Development Officer.
This position is based in our office on the Gold Coast, with the requirement to travel throughout south-east/west Queensland, and occasionally to north Queensland and Wide Bay.
In this exciting role you will:
- Lead Life Education Queensland’s strategy to increase fruit and vegetable consumption among children age 3-13 and reduce rates of obesity and overweight in Queensland
- Manage the continued development and delivery of Life Education’s Healthy Eats program in targeted Queensland communities
- Work in partnership with local primary schools to develop a whole of school approach to improving nutrition, including school breakfast programs, fruit and vegetable gardens, school tuck-shop menu audits and other place based initiatives
- Work with other community stakeholders to enhance our social impact
- Develop ongoing nutrition content aimed at parents, teachers and students
- Deliver parent education session and teacher professional development, both face to face and remote delivery
Key Selection Criteria
To apply you must address the following selection criteria:
- Masters in nutrition with significant experience of working with parents and children.
- Excellent relationship skills and the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to research and co-design solutions to problems.
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to write content for children, parents and teachers.
- An understanding of the HPE curriculum as it relates to nutrition.
- A strong and dynamic presenter, with experience of presenting to both adults and children.
- Availability to travel throughout Queensland as required.
- Experience of working in indigenous communities would be advantageous.
- Excellent organising and planning skills, with the ability to multi-task in a busy work environment.
This is a full time fixed term contract until 1 July 2022.
What’s in It for You:
A great central Gold Coast office location in Mermaid Waters with free parking provided; NFP salary packaging benefits including meals and entertainment; health and welling activities including EAP and access to ongoing professional development.
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake qualification and referee checks and have a current Qld Working with Children Blue Card.
If you have a passion for working with children and improving their wellbeing, we would love to hear from you. Please send a current resume and cover letter, addressing the above selection criteria by 23 October 2020.
This close date is indicative only and Life Education Qld reserves the right to close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, it is encouraged that you submit your application without delay.
Life Education Qld is a committed advocate for child protection, safety and wellbeing. We put the requirement of keeping children and young people safe at the heart of everything we do.